Growing up it was always fun to go to the Freedom Festival parade and throw the poppers in the street. Every 4th of July morning, my dad and I would wake up really early (like 6 am) and go watch the hot air balloons lift off. It was amazing how big they actually were. Up in the sky, they looked so small.
Some more recent 4th of July's I will probably never forget. Like last year, I fell down (clumsy me...) while hiking and sprained my ankle. Since then I have realized that I am a clumsy person. Like last night, I hit my right ankle with one of our stools as I was moving it, and now I have a bruise. Even though my 4th of July celebrations last year were cut short, I still had a fun time.
Since Mark and I have been married there have been two 4th of July traditions we have started: Going to Kaysville and Cul-de-sac of Fire! Up in Kaysville we spend the day with Mark's side of the family. I love those guys. They are so much fun. Usually we make an appearance down at the Kaysville Parade--PS: Best Parade around! After the parade runs its route, the water parade starts and it is a big water fight!! Loved it! After the parade we go back to Grandma and Grandpa Welling's house and play games and relax. Followed by one of the best 4th of July meals you will ever have. Cul-de-sac of Fire is a neighborhood party over in my in-laws neighborhood. It is a fun relaxing party.
To me, the 4th of July means spending time with family and celebrating our freedom. I feel so blessed to live in our country. I am so grateful for the men and women who are serving and protecting our country.

I want to have a water fight after a parade. That sounds awesome. I totally thought that I had invited you to the ceremony. If I didn't I meant to. I am so sorry. Now i feel like a jerk callin her out and I did the same thing. Can you forgive me?
ReplyDelete