July 14, 2010

A Little Math Hiccup....

I was curious as to what my weight would have to be to have a 18.5 BMI (which is a lowest healthy BMI).  Knowing where to put X (for the weight) was easy to figure out.  Once I had the equation all written out, I had a little problem solving it because the squared number threw me off.  

Luckily with the help of my scientific calculator on my phone, I was able to solve for X.  It really has been a long time since I have done Math.  X, by the way, is 108.  I realized that my Algebra skills are a little rusty.  Maybe I should sit in on an Algebra class next year during my prep period, just to brush up on my skills.





1 comment:

  1. A 108!! You didn't even add commentary on this. You're taller than me and I don't even weigh as little as 108. I can't imagine what 18.5% body fat would be for me. I'm kinda curious to know where you got the equation, but at the same time refuse to torture myself with the facts. I don't want to know what weight that would mean for me.

    ReplyDelete