January 16, 2010

Resolutions UPDATE...Tomorrow Is a New Day!



Since I last posted about my resolutions, I am still going strong.

1.  Lose 20 pounds-  I have lost 1.5 pounds this last week.  Here is what I did:
I went to Zumba Monday, Wednesday, and Saturday.  You burn about 600 calories in one Zumba class.  It is my favorite way to burn calories.    Then I did some weight training.  I found some good programs a few months ago, and I modified them slightly by doing different exercises that work the same muscles.

Train Like a Celebrity: http://www.goldsgym.com/healthy/newsletter/2009-11/train-like-a-celebrity.php
30-Day Beach Body: http://www.goldsgym.com/healthy/newsletter/2009-06/30-day-beach-body-workout.php

2.  Hitting the snooze once....well..each day is a new day!

3.  Making dinner 4 out of 7 days a week...I haven't really been keeping track, but it seems like I am doing okay.  I may need to do dinner one more day each week.

4.  Trying new recipes:  We got a Vita-mix blender for Christmas, and you can actually make soup in it!  So...I made a few soup recipes, and Mark made up a few.

So, all in all...I am doing pretty good with my resolutions.  If I get off track, I just think, "Tomorrow is a new day and I will try again."

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on loosing weight! I need to as well, but I'm sure you understand how crazy being a teacher is. :) What is zumba anyway? Is it like areobics?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Zumba is aerobics. It is Latin dance type aerobics. It's really fun.

    ReplyDelete