Thursday
Thursday Mark and I drove down to Las Vegas and went to the Price is Right show again. It was really fun. This time my name got called. But not to "Com on down!" I won $10 to play in the slot machines. I was so excited when I heard my name that I jumped out of my seat about ready to run down. Mark had to pull me back down. Later that night we went to the Wynn for dinner. It was so good. I had the best Chicken Noodle soup ever. We stayed at the Excalibur and waited for our friends to drive down.
Friday
Friday morning we woke up and finished our drive to San Diego. On the way down, we had Craig, Bekah, and Clint in the car with us. We decided to head straight to Sea World. It was really fun.
Saturday
So...of course I went picture happy at Sea World and I ran out of room on my camera and my battery died. Just like all those horror stories...my camera started acting funny and it wouldn't turn on and the battery wouldn't charge so I couldn't get any pictures of the rest of the trip. (P.S. my camera is working just fine now...grrrr!!!)
Before the football game Mark and I went to the Marina and walked it. We came to the USS Midway Museum and decided to go aboard and check it out. It was really cool and huge. I can't remember the name but it was commissioned in 1945 and decommissioned in 1992 after Desert Storm. We went down into the engine room and the Brig. We were so turned around by the time we came back up. We didn't make it to the mess hall and the living quarters. We did go up on the flight deck. That thing was so big! They had like 10 planes on there and there was still a lot of room.
Afterward we went to the football game. When we got to our seats, Mark and I were amazed at how nice our seats were. Any of you familiar with Qualcomm stadium (that is where the Chargers play) we were sitting in Plaza 8 Row 20...aka up in the shade the whole time. We were pretty close to the field. We had a great view the entire game. It was a really fun game. At the game we ran into Matt, Elise, Conner, and Landon. It was really fun to see them.
This day was jam packed with fun an adventure. After the game we went to a Corvette Diner. It is a 50s diner. It was a really fun atmosphere. They even have a hamburger with peanut butter on it. Even though I LOVE peanut butter, I couldn't bring myself to try it. To finish off the evening we went to the beach. We walked along the sea wall and saw the seals sleeping on the beach. It was sooo cool!!
Sunday
Pretty much...we drove home on Sunday. This was such a fun trip. I didn't want to come home. I can add San Diego to my list of places I would like to live.
I LOVE San Diego! It really has to be one of the best vacation spots ever. There is just so much to see and do!
ReplyDeleteSounds like a great weekend! I am glad you had fun.
ReplyDeleteI heart San Diego. Mike would have loved that getaway!
ReplyDeleteI love Seaworld! I've never been to San Diego but would love to go! Thanks for adding me on your blogroll!
ReplyDelete