July 21, 2009

Easy and Yummy Recipe---Hobo Stew!!

When I was down in Phoenix in June, Aaron and Natalie made this really good meal. It didn't really have a name until Aaron was putting the ingredients into the crockpot. He decided to call it Hobo Stew because most of the ingredients came from a can, and hobos eat from cans.....

Anyway its really good!

1 can chicken breast
1 can black beans
1 can black eyes peas
1 can kidney beans
1 can white corn
1 packet ranch dressing
1 packet taco seasoning
hot sauce
tomatoes--chopped
cilantro--chopped


Dump everything but the tomatos and cilantro into a crockpot--juice and all! Cook it on Low for 3-4 hours. When there is about 20-30 minutes left, add the tomatoes and cilantro and finish cooking. When it is done you can eat it with a tortilla (like a burritio) or with chips (like a taco soup). It is soooo good!! It is way easy!!



2 comments:

  1. Sounds Delic... I think i might just have to make it. I have a small library right now for my recipe box. :)

    ReplyDelete