February 15, 2012

Valentine's Day 2012

We had a really good Valentine's day this year.  It was quiet and simple.  We stayed home, and I made Beef and Broccoli for dinner.  During the past 14 days I made little Valentine's for Mark that I would leave out for him.  It was something fun and different.

Kit and her quack-quack valentine.  Whenever Kit takes a bath, she loves to play the the ducky that tells you if the water temperature is too hot.  I saw these ducky's at the Dollar Store and I knew she would love it.  As soon as we got to the car, she wanted her quack-quack.  She held it and played with it the whole time we were in Macey's buying stuff for dinner.

 
These tissue paper pom-poms were so easy to make (and cheap!).  I am thinking about decorating with them for Kit's birthday instead of balloons.

 
Macey's was personalizing sugar cookies for Valentines.  They were really big and only $1.00.  As I am looking at the cookie picture (which I took with my phone) I am thinking that I took a pretty good picture...?? These are the flowers that Mark got me for Valentine's Day.  They didn't really open up until we sat down to eat dinner.




1 comment:

  1. Hey hun, would you tell me how you made the pom-poms?They look so adorable :) And I love the idea to use them instead of balloons. You're great!

    ReplyDelete