February 19, 2011

Baby Purchases

I love my mom!  She is so awesome.  Her brother had an old crib and stroller they were getting rid of because they don't need them anymore.  My mom asked if we wanted them.  I said sure!  It turns out that the crib was one of those drop-side cribs, so we couldn't use it.  It was too bad about the crib because I really liked it.  The stroller was in good shape, but we also needed a car seat.

Well...Babies R Us is having (until the 21st) a trade in sale.  You bring in any old baby item-stroller, crib, car seat, pack-n-play and you get 25% off a new one.  We took the crib and stroller  in and traded them in for a new crib and travel system--stroller and car seat.  We got this crib and stroller/car seat.

     
The car seat is the #1 rated car seat in America.  It is a Chicco brand.  It is a European brand, which is tested at high safety standards than car seats are tested here in the US.  Safety standards need to be raised for things like this in the US.  The crib is the same color as the one we got from my mom.

Joann's was also have a killer sale on flannel, so I bought some to make a couple of blankets.  I am going to wait until we move in to make them. (Which by the way, if everything goes well we are scheduled to close on March 15!!!)

1 comment:

  1. Yay! Buying baby stuff is so fun. And we have that exact travel system and loved it. I'm so excited for you!

    ReplyDelete