July 07, 2009

My Weight Loss Journey.....

I was browsing around my cousin's blog and I found this cool website.  It is called My Fitness Pal (www.myfitnesspal.com).  It is similar to another website I was using called Spark People (www.sparkpeople.com).  It is a calorie counter, diet, and exercise journal. The things I like better about it is that when you are done submitting your what you have eaten for the day and your exercise for the day, it will tell you what you should weigh in 5 weeks if you keep doing what you are doing.  I like that!  It also has a lot of cool tools.

Also about 3 1/2 months ago, Mark and I got a membership at Gold's Gym.  We have been going every day.  It isn't as bad as I thought it would be.  I started going to some of their classes.  So far my favorite ones are the Pilates class on Tuesday and Thursday at 4:30pm and the Zumba class Friday at 10:30am (there are 3 other classes during the week).  Zumba is a really fun Latin style dance/aerobic class.  You burn so many classes.  I am literally dripping with sweat when I am done.  It is a great cardio class!!!

I am also trying to eat healthier.  As I am buying foods that are good for you, I am noticing that the "cheaper" foods are not that good for you.  The foods that are good for you cost just a bit more.  For example, Mark was making dinner tonight and he was going to make a Lipton Rice Pack.  He looked at the amount of carbs in it and there were 47 g per serving!!!  There are 2 1/2 servings per pack.  I can make a rice that has less carbs and tastes a lot better.  I am also finding that a lot of the foods I absolutely LOVE aren't particularly diet/weight loss friendly.

I really wish that I could go to the gym right now.  But, it's going to be a few days before I can go back since my ankle is sprained.  I am sitting on the couch going crazy.  There are only so many things you can do on Facebook and only so many design show on HGTV you can watch.  I hate that I have to hobble everywhere.  This sucks!!  Oh well....I will just work that much harder when I can get back to the gym!



1 comment:

  1. That is a cool website. Nice job on the gym routine! If you look on foodnetwork.com, Ellie Krieger has some really good, healthy recipes. I hope your ankle feels better soon!

    ReplyDelete