July 05, 2009

HaPpY 4tH oF jUlY!!

The 4th of July this year was up at Kenwood--the Welling family cabin up by Sundance. The Caldwells were in charge this year and decided to do something different by having it up at Kenwood. We got up there early in the morning for the traditional 4th of July breakfast. There was ham and pancakes. The pancakes were so cute. They made flags in the pancake--very creative.


After breakfast Mark and I played some horseshoes. It was fun. I threw a ringer. I was so excited...but I didn't win. After we went up to Midway to see some of the paintings Suzanne had been working on. She got an award for one of them. They were really good.


When we got back we decided to go on the Lift Hike to Stewart Falls. It sounded fun. Well, needless to say my clumsiness kicked in and I tripped and sprained my ankle half way through the hike. Thankfully Mark's cousin, Scott, was with us and he was able to help us get to the falls quickly.



(FYI: You have a perfect view of Stewart Falls from the porch of the cabin. It's only a 20 minute hike from the cabin to the falls.)
Luckily when we got back to the cabin Mark's Uncle Mike, who is a doctor, was there. He was able to take a look at my ankle and tell me it was just a sprain. We stayed around for dinner, and then headed home. Later that night we watched the Stadium of Fire fireworks from the balcony on our apartment. There was a perfect view between the trees.
Other than my clumsiness, the 4th was really fun!



No comments:

Post a Comment