January 26, 2009

Mark's Graduation Party

Mark received his diploma in the mail last week and so it is official!!! To celebrate, we went to Buco di Beppo in Midvale. It is really good Italian food. This place is so much better than Olive Garden and Johnny Carinos. We had some Lasagna, Margarita pizza (Mozzarella and Basil), Chicken Parmegiana, and delicious desserts. It was all so good!
Afterward, we went to see The Curious Case of Benjamin Button. It is nominated for 13 Academy Awards. It deserves all 13 nominations. This was one of the best movies I have seen. It is a F. Scott Fitzgerald short story about a man who was born oldn and goes "backward" though life and dies as a baby. I really like his writing. The only complaint I would give to the movie is that it is really long! I have been in long movies (The Dark Knight) that did not seem as long as they were. But when there was about 40 minutes left of Benjamin Button, I was starting to wonder how close it was to ending. I feel there were some scenes in there that just didn't need to be in the story. If those scenes were taken out, the story would still have made sense. Also...how many sex scenes can you have in a movie?

2 comments:

  1. Love Bucco di Beppo's! Wish there was one around here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bucca di beppo's is SOO yummy! I love it! Tell mark congrats! Thats exciting! What are you guys going to do now? Thanks for that website, it has tons of cute stuff.

    ReplyDelete