1. Where did you meet?
Family Home Evening at BYU-I. It was Aug. 30, the first FHE of the semester. We held it over at his apartment....so yes, we were FHE brother and sister.
2. What was the first thought that went through your head when you met?
Cool, he's from Orem also!
3. Do you remember what he/she was wearing?
His orange Mets jersey
4. Where was the first time you kissed this person?
At the water tank over looking Provo and Orem up on the mountain above Timpview.
5. Where did you go for your first date?
It depends on what you call our first date. The first thing we did together was go to a welcome back dance or see Spiderman 2 on my birthday, but an actual date we saw Napoleon Dynamite.
6. How long did you know this person before you became a couple?
About 1 month
7. How did he/she ask you out?
He just asked
8. How did he propose to you?
Mark proposed on April 1, 2005 (yes, April Fools day). It was a Friday, the day before General Conference. Mark said he was helping a friend set up for a mission reunion all day. I thought, okay. Well, later that day his sister Amy and her friend Shelly called me and asked if I wanted to come with them to the mall and shop for a dress for their friends birthday. Apparently their friends boyfriend gave them a bunch of money to buy her a dress, and I was her size. I tried on a bunch of dresses and kept wondering why they were asking how I liked it. Then later that night I was going to Olive Garden with Mark's family. So, Amy came and picked up with her dad's Audi TT. I was wondering why she was driving it. She said before we went to Olive Garden she had to drop the dress off at her friends house, but she was really walking to Mark's car parked down the street and left. Well...she proceeded to drive up to "the spot." She parked the car in the loop and walked down the street. Then "Amy's" phone rang. It said, "Ashley pick up the phone." It was kind of creepy when I first heard it. Mark was on the phone and told me to get out of the car and follow the path to the top of the water tank. So, I did and when I get to the top a big black dog comes running at me. Mark was there and started yelling at it in Portugeuse. On top of the water tank there was a red carpet and flower petals all over the place. Mark was dressed in a suit and I was in overalls and a jacket. Well, the rest is history...Mark proposed and we got married June 22, 2005. It turns out the dress I tried on earlier that day was for me. After Mark proposed we got in the TT and drove up to The Roof for dinner.
9.Do you and this person have kids together?
Not yet
10. Have you ever broken the law with this person?
nope
11. When was the first time you realized that you liked this person?
When I left FHE the night I met him.
12. Do you trust this person?
Yes!
13. Do you see her/him as your partner in your future?
Yes!
14. What is the best gift she/he gave you?
This is a hard one....if I had to say one thing, it would be my Kitchenaid. But really, he has given me so many things, but probably loving me and being patient with me because I know I am not an easy person to live with.
15. What is one thing He/She does that gets on your nerves?
Not wiping the counters and stove off when he does the dishes.
16. Where do you see each other 15 years from now?
I don't know where we will be living or what job Mark will have, but I know we will be together and with some kids.
17. What causes the most arguments?
My grumpiness....
18. How long have you been together?
4 1/2 years
19. Are you Married?
Yes
20. Who Do you Tag?
Anyone who reads this and has not done it yet.
Love this idea and going to use it on Valentine's Day.
ReplyDelete