Here is the hangy thing--a frame with a bead board backing. As you can see, I painted the frame black. For the bead board backing (ha ha alliteration!!) I painted it a creamy white and then "stained" it with a watered down brown paint. I then fed a black ribbon through two pre-drilled holes and tied it together at the endsto hang it from.
These are the things you put on the board for each season. If you have a saw that cuts stuff like this, or you buy some, you can make more season icons. I think my favorite season the the winter snowflake and then the flower. I know you can't see, but the seeds on the watermelon are little buttons. How cute! The wording on the egg, clover, and heart are vinyl lettering. I can't paint letters and have them look good to save my life.
I feel really proud of my homemaking accomplishments! I can't wait until I actually own a home and can do lots of cool and cute homemaking stuff to decorate it. It's not that fun when you have to worry about not having space or you can't design a room the way you want. Our apartment complex lets us paint two walls in our apartment, so I had them paint 2 walls in our dining room red. But...that is about as decoratie as I can get. We have decided to wait and buy furniture until we get into a place where we actually have room to put it and we can buy a whole set, not just pieces and have it be all mismatchy.
I have always worried that I won't be able to decorate a home and have it look good. I feel like I don't have a good sense of color. I am just worried because I will pick colors that I think will look good together, but they will be all the wrong tone and hue (whatever the terms are), just like what happened to my wedding colors. I can't remember exactly what colors I originally wanted together, but they just didn't look good together because they didn't "match." I thought they were just fine (that is why I picked them)! Because of this I am now afraid to decorate and put colors together because it won't "match." But I guess after seeing my paint job here, maybe I do have a good eye for color and what looks good together.
those hangey things are so cute! i would love to do that for my home..... oh wait i live in-laws. Well any who they are really cute.
ReplyDelete