September 20, 2008

BYU vs. Wyoming


This was the week I decided to wear my hair down and it rains. This week's BYU football tie to carry out the "Y" flag was TY Detmer. I remember when I was in elementary school, and he came for a visit of some sort. We all went out on the soccer field at Orem Elementary and spelled out his name. I can't remember if I was in 1st or 2nd grade, but I think it was after he won the Heisman Award...so I am going to say I was in 2nd grade. It was really cool. I thought, "Wow! A college quarterback is here at school! And we get to spell out his name." In this picture Ty Detmer is the guy in the blue jacket standing just to the left of the big white flag. Yo can barely see him. He is not the one with his back turned, but the guy just above him.


The other funny story that happened at the game is the guy that came and sat by us at the game was asking Mark if I was "available." He started by telling me I was wearing cool shoes. I bought these blue and white tennis shoes from Forever Young Shoes a couple of weeks ago. He said they were BYU color shoes. Well...it got hot today at the game, so I went and bought a couple of bottles of water for Mark and me. Well, while I was gone, he asked Mark where I went. He then proceded to ask if we were together. After Mark said yes, he gave him a fist pound and then asked if we were married. When Mark told me this happened, I told him I need a bigger ring because it isn't noticable enough.


Today's game was very eventful, on and off the field. Again BYU had another shut out. It was kind of lagging in the 1st quarter. The first touchdown was awesome! The cowboy dropped the ball and the BYU player picked it up and ran toward the end zone! It was great. The game got good in the 2nd quarter. This was when a lot of the touchdowns were made. It was exciting down to the end of the game. One of the BYU players made an interception on like the 10 yard line right as Wyoming was about to get a touchdown. Unfortunately, we didn't score on that interception, but we stopped the Cowboys from scoring any points. This was the second time BYU has had two shut out games in a row. The last time this happened was in like 1986 (or something like that. I don't remember the year they said at the game, but I do remember it was in the 80's). And both of those games were 59-0 and 44-0.

1 comment:

  1. haha i love that you told mark that you need a bigger ring. That put a smile on my face.

    ReplyDelete