(1) Wicker wreath. I wanted to get a foam wreath and wrap it in white yarn (like I saw on...PINTREST), but I didn't want to take the time to do it. I already did that to one of my wreaths and it took a while. I didn't want to take the time for this one, but it would look really, really cute with the wreath wrapped in white yarn.
(2) Scrapbook paper. I bought a bunch of patriotic scrapbook paper to make the pinwheels with. The paper I bought was only one sided. I recommend using double sided scrapbook paper or you could use white printer paper like I did otherwise you will only see part of the cute, patriotic scrapbook paper.
(3) Ribbon. I bought some wide red ribbon. I was looking for a satiny ribbon, but I could only find grosgrain.
(4) Bunting. I wanted the fabric bunting that is red, white, and blue
I couldn't find any of this bunting so I got a banner type bunting. I was a bit weary with the triangle kind, but it is working much better than I thought. I like how it is subtle, yet patriotic.
To Make the Wreath:
Easy as pie--I just hot glued the pinwheels to the wreath! To make the pinwheels I followed this tutorial. Like I said, I wanted to keep it simple, easy and quick. I originally had planned to paint a wood plaque red and write "Let Freedom Ring" on it, but the paint pen I got was giving me problems, so I just scrapped the whole plaque thing.
Here is the finished front porch:






I especially like the pinwheels. I think I'll borrow that craft for the girls to carry and play with in the neighborhood 4th of July parade. Thanks!
ReplyDelete