July 01, 2011

Kit's Birth Story

I have been debating on whether I wanted to post something like this.  I think Kit's birth story is a personal and private thing that I don't really want to share with the whole world.  But I decided to give you the version that I have been telling people when they ask how it went.

At about 2:40am on June 15 my water broke.  I got Mark up.  He didn't believe me when I first told him because there wasn't a big mess that needed to be cleaned up.  We got everything put together and headed to Utah Valley.

Things were going good.  About 3 hours later I was begging for the epidural.  Once I got that, I was in heaven.  I was able to get some sleep and watch a little Price's Right! (I only had 2 hours of sleep...).  Every time the nurse would come check me she was shocked at how fast I was progressing.  The doctor came at 7:30am to check on me.  He didn't think I was going to go as fast as I did, so he went up to Timpanogoes hospital to do some checking on other patients.  The nurse called the doctor to tell him how I was doing.  He said to let Kit descend on her own so I wouldn't have to push for very long and to start pushing at 11:30.

The doctor got to the hospital at about 1:00pm, and 12 minutes later Kit was born.  It went pretty fast--10.5 hours from the time my water broke to the time Kit was born.  My doctor did a wonderful job.

No comments:

Post a Comment