June 07, 2011

To Do List:

There are still a lot of things (mainly crafty) I need to accomplish before baby girl gets here.
1.  Mat and frame a few nursery rhymes to hang on the nursery wall
2.  Finish putting the nursery together
3.  Sit and watch my stomach be all lumpy and lopsided (one of my favorite things to do!!!)
4.  These 3 craft projects.  (Click the picture to go to the tutorial page)

I have been wanting to put in a book shelf of some sort, but sadly in my house I don't have any extra book shelves because they are all full of books.  For me, that's not sad because I love books!  I was looking at Opps, I Craft My Pants and she used these for book racks in her nursery!  Brilliant!  They are spice racks from Ikea.  The racks are only $4 each.  I need to make a trip up to Ikea.  They come in the wood color shown, but I might paint them to coordinate with the nursery.  

I have looked at tons of these tutorials and this is the one I like best because you just sew around the edge.  I like that look.  I have a lot of extra fabric so all I need to buy is the velcro and the suspender clips (which you can get as ironing board clips at the dollar store (yea!!)  I am thinking about making a couple.

This morning I was making my rounds, which I do every so often, on the crafty blogs I follow.  I found these cute stuffed turtles (Pottery Barn inspired) on Make It and Love It.  I thought they were so cute and that they looked relatively easy.

No comments:

Post a Comment