April 20, 2011

Junior High Diaries....

Here are a couple funny conversations I had with one of my students today:

Student:  Mrs. Welling, how much could I pay you to write my essay?
Me:  Nothing
Student: Not even $1 million dollars
Me:  I don't think you have that
Student:  Well, what if I did?
Me: Then $14.3 trillion dollars
Student (with a look of concern on his face): That's a lot
Me: Yep, it's the national debt.
Student:  So you would take the money I paid you and pay off the national debt?
Me: Yep.
Student:  But you have to make sure you paid your tithing first.

This is when I really started laughing.  I love how the first thing on this student's mind is to make sure I pay my tithing on the money he pays me to type his essay.

**Another conversation with the same student:
Student:  Mrs. Welling, do you want to buy cookies from me?  (The kids are selling cookie dough to help pay for football next year)
Me: No.
Student:  But if I came to your door, would you buy from me?
Me: Probably not
Student:  Why?
Me: I don't have any money.
Student:  Well, I already have the money to pay for football, so I don't need to do this but I don't want to use it.
Me:  Well, get a job
Student:  I do have a job.  The money I have is my mall money.

Really??


1 comment:

  1. I suppose it's a good quality to be honest about their laziness.

    ReplyDelete