October 14, 2010

Adeventures in Photoshop

When we got our new computer, we put the Adobe Creative Suite on it.  Now that I have photoshop, I want to learn how to use it.  One of my friends, Michelle, has been doing a "Fix-it-Friday" on her blog where she takes a picture and changes it up using photoshop.  I thought I would try them out.  What better way of learning how to use the program.  I will be doing some posts with my adventures in Photoshop.

ADVENTURE #1

Here is Michelle's picture:  Fix-it-Friday #3

I followed her work flow and did this to a picture of Kaden.  

ORIGINAL


NEW ONE

What do you think?

2 comments:

  1. I love it!!!
    Photoshop is the best! You should also look at pioneer woman's photography site. http://thepioneerwoman.com/photography/ I like looking at that one. Not really for inspiration or help just what others are doing. I think that you would like the site. They also have some great actions. Actions are cheat workflows. You record a workflow that you like then press play when you want to use that work flow and it goes through the steps for you.

    I also really like I heart faces. it super excellent for beginners in photoshop.

    sorry for the long comment.

    Have fun with it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so excited that you have photoshop! Did you buy it with the teacher discount? I'm planning on doing the same.

    Your photo...on my screen it looks really bright, but it could just be my crappy work screen (yes, I'm not working at work). I like the concept of high key though. I would bring down the brightness a bit and them punch the colors. Increase your temp a notch as well, oh and then to give it a soft baby glow decrease the clarity. I like babys all soft and glowing.

    ReplyDelete