October 21, 2010

Day 1: 15 Facts About Me...


  1. This summer I started liking some fish and shrimp.  I like Mahi Mahi, Tillapia, Tuna (canned and fresh--Best stuff I had was the 30 lb. Blue Fin Tuna Mark caught in San Diego), and Sand Bass.
  2. I love reading, but never can find the time to read.  Right now I am reading Hunger Games and Driven (Larry H. Miller's Autobiography).
  3. This is my fifth year teaching, and I still love it!  This year I am teaching 8th and 9th grade.
  4. I make really good chicken noodle soup.  I made it last night for dinner and it was probably the best I have ever made.
  5. My favorite color is red.  But I also like purple, green, blue, pink, yellow, orange.  Well...I guess I like all colors and it depends on the mood that I am in.
  6. My favorite TV shows are: Psych, White Collar, Royal Pains, Burn Notice, The Office, Community, and 30 Rock.  Right now I am watching old episodes of Psych on Netflix.
  7. I have only been to Disneyland twice in my life--both within the last 4 years.
  8. I have some of the best and cutest nieces and nephews!!!  Tess, Chloe, Lucy, Abbie, Kaden, and Athrun.  I love them.  They are so much fun!  I haven't seen Lucy yet, but I am so excited to see them (hopefully) at Thanksgiving or Christmas???
  9. I am learning how to use Photoshop.  When we got a new computer about a month ago, we got Photoshop installed on it.  It isn't very hard to do basic stuff, but I want to learn how to edit pictures and do cool things with them.
  10. I love chicken nuggets.  I had a roommate who gave me a huge Costco sized bag of chicken nuggets for a Christmas present.  I could eat chicken nuggets everyday and be perfectly happy!
  11. I have never been to Hawaii or outside of the country.  My list of places that I want to travel to before I die is Hawaii, London/England, and Italy.  Maybe Egypt to see the pyramids??
  12. I do not like amusement park rides, but I love Disneyland?!?!  Why is this you ask?  I don't know.  The ride that I hate the most is The Tower of Terror.  Before I went on it the first time (yes, I have been on it twice), Mark and I went and grabbed a Fast Pass.  We went on the ride the first time and I literally screamed bloody murder and had a look of sheer terror on my face!  Now, Fast Passes seem very sacred to me, and I didn't want t waste the one we got, so I went on it again.  Still hated it and vowed never to go on it EVER AGAIN!!!  I did not enjoy the falling feeling at all.
  13. I love doing Zumba every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.  It is my favorite thing to do.  Sometimes I can't make it because of a meeting I have.  It is so fun, and a great workout!
  14. I am the Assistant Girls basketball coach at school.  I have only played basketball with Young Womens and PE.  But I love watching Jazz games.  I am so excited to coach basketball this year.  It is going to be fun.  I know a lot of the girls from track last year, class last year, and class this year.
  15. Last year for my birthday, I got a sewing machine.  I have made some skirts, rag blankets, and other crafty things.  I love doing crafts.  I made my Halloween costume this year.  I bought some cute Monarch Butterfly wings and I made an orange taffeta tutu.  I am a butterfly fairy with black sparkly tights!!  I will post some pictures on Halloween.

3 comments:

  1. Ash I'm thinking I need your chicken noodle soup recipe because I love it but have never made it from anything but a can. :) Also... where do you do zumba? I totally want to get started but don't really know how I'm going to fit it in yet. Hope all is well at WC.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do Zumba at the Orem Golds gym by the mall. If you go to zumba.com, you can find a class.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good to know! I need your chicken noodle soup recipe too! I also love Zumba. It doesn't even feel like you are working out, until the next day and all your core muscles are sore. I can't do it right now, but will after this baby. I'm glad that you love teaching! I am not sure this year, maybe its the pregnancy hormones.

    ReplyDelete