June 23, 2010

My Latest Sewing Adventure

I was blog surfing the other day and I found a fun sewing blog. It's called noodlehead.blogspot.com.




Noodlehead


I found a tutorial for a messenger bag made from cargo pants.  Years ago, I bought some cute cargo pants from Old Navy.  But when I got home, they didn't fit and I never got around to taking them back and getting a different size.  So they have been sitting in my closet waiting for me to finally fit into them.  I got tired of waiting.  My favorite part about these pants are the small strip of sateen at the top of the cargo pockets.  When I saw the tutorial, I new I just had to use those pants.  (PS...I took the pictures with my phone--BTW: greatest phone ever!!!)





If you look carefully at the last picture, you can see the satin strip!!  I am so excited about it!  It fits all my stuff and is the perfect size for traveling.  I plan on using this bag when I go to San Diego!!

3 comments:

  1. I like looking at http://lovestitched.blogspot.com/ ideas. Not sure if you would but thought I'd share.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a cool site! I want to make her J. Crew inspired shirt and necklace.

    ReplyDelete