
I follow a blog: The Meanest Mom. She posts about the going on's between her and her children. It is hilarious. This blog should be something to add to your blog list.
Yesterday's post (May 6) was especially hilarious. The comments the readers are giving just make my day. A journalist emailed her and said she (and her readers) should be ashamed for her parenting strategies because they are "abhorent and malicious."
Even though there are no children yet in the Welling household, I read these stories and just laugh because they are so true. Since I am the oldest (and the best child ever--I never did any of these things) I got to watch my younger siblings grow up. They would do the funniest things. As the oldest, sometimes I would play "mommy" to them and I could torment them. Being a teacher is almost the same thing--I love tormenting them when they do silly things. Watching them squirm in there seat when I say, "No, you can't go to the bathroom." and then 2 seconds later someone else asks and I say yes. I especially love their face when I tell them I have a bowl with all their names in it and I draw out a name each morning for the person I am going to pick on that day, and I just so happened to pick them for that day. Some of them actually think I do this.
No comments:
Post a Comment