February 28, 2010

Scarves!!!

I don't really wear a lot of scarves as just an accessory, but I do love wearing them in the winter with my coats!  Over at Kevin and Amanda, she loves to wear scarves and put a video tutorial together on the different ways she ties a scarf.

Here is a link to her tutorial.

At work, one of my friends showed us another way to tie up a scarf.  It is a variation on the traditional put through a loop type tie.

1.  Fold the scarf in half and drape across your neck.
2.  Take the loop in one hand and one "tail" in another hand.
3.  Put the tail through the loop.
4.  Twist the loop.
5.  Put the other tail through
6.  you can now make it as loose or tight as you want.

The twist is really cute!

I found this really cute site: Affordable Scarves.  All scarves are under $20 (PS:  They are having a 15% of sale).  Here are some of my favorite  scarves.  (Maybe I should buy a couple of them....)

Abigail Crinkle Pashmina
Burgandy Red 

Abigail Crinkle Pashmina


Gwyneth Cotton Scarf

Gwyneth Cotton Scarf--comes in also turquoise, lime, gray


Annabelle Floral Scarf
Annabelle Floral Scarf

Elizabeth Silk Scarf
Elizabeth Silk Scarf

No comments:

Post a Comment