January 31, 2010

On-line Book Club: These Is My Words by Nancy E. Turner

The other day I was browsing my blog list, and I was reading Oops, I Craft My Pants!, and she is starting an online book club called C'mon, Let's Book It....so I joined!

It's really cool.  This month we are reading These Is My Words by Nancy E. Turner. (The rest I pulled from her review of the book...which she got from ebook.com)




A moving, exciting, and heartfelt American saga inspired by the author's own family memoirs, these words belong to Sarah Prine, a woman of spirit and fire who forges a full and remarkable existence in a harsh, unfamiliar frontier. Scrupulously recording her steps down the path Providence has set her upon—from child to determined young adult to loving mother—she shares the turbulent events, both joyous and tragic, that molded her, and recalls the enduring love with cavalry officer Captain Jack Elliot that gave her strength and purpose.


Rich in authentic everyday details and alive with truly unforgettable characters, These Is My Words brilliantly brings a vanished world to breathtaking life again.


The book will last from Feb. 1 to Mar. 1, and then the next book will start.  She will post discussion for every few chapters, and then one big discussion for the end of the book.  I checked the Orem Library for this book and I had to place it on hold.  There were 11 people ahead of me and they have 4 copies of the book.  If you want to buy it, it is like $10 at Barnes and Noble.


I am so excited for this!  I love reading and lately all I have been reading is Young Adult Literature.  Don't get me wrong, I love those books, but I am ready for something different.  


If your interested, go to C'mon Let's Book It! and join the book club!

No comments:

Post a Comment