Phoenix was awesome. The trip was way too short. I wish we could have stayed longer. The more I am down there, the more I want that to be the place Mark and I end up when he is all done with school. You may ask why go to Phoenix...what is there? Well, Mark's brother lives down there and we stay with them when we visit.
I went with Amy and Katie. Even though it was a 10 hour drive, it seemed to go pretty fast. The only part that seemed to take forever was the drive between Page and Flagstaff. Once we got there, we played a little in the back yard and then went to a good Mexican place. Afterwards, we came back to the house for more fun and games in the backyard. It wasn't even that hot. They had this really cool sidewalk chalk that was 3D.
On Saturday, we went to the park in the morning and then went and did some shopping in Scottsdale. The mall was HUGE! There were a lot of high end stores: Tiffany's, Gucci, Louis Vuitton, Juicy Couture, and not to mention they will be getting a Barney's later this year. It is a shoppers paradise. It's like 5th Avenue only condensed into one place. I found some really cute polka dot mugs at Crate & Barrell (which the nearest store is in Denver or Phoenix....they really need to bring one to Utah) to match our dishes.
Later that night, we took Tess (4) and Chloe (2) over to the babysitters and went out. We tried Pei Wei. The food there was okay, nothing to write home about. And of course, we had to go to Bahama Bucks and get the best snow cones in the world! I got a blueberry cheesecake with cream.
Sunday rolled around and after church, Amy, Katie, and I went to the Mesa temple. It was really cool. And of course we had to make a stop at In-N-Out. Which....they are building one in Draper and American Fork. I also heard that they are/might build one in Orem. This was the best In-N-Out burger and fries I have ever had. It tasted so good. Now I finally (after 4 times) understand why everyone raves about it. I think it is MUCH better than the Chadder's knock-off in American Fork. You just can't copy the goodness no matter how much you try. The only thing I have had that came close was 5 Guys. If you can't go to In-N-Out, 5 Guys is a good alternative.
The drive home was good. Here are a few random pictures I took. Yes, this is a skeleton on a tractor. We saw this just outside of Panguitch. Here are some pictures of Southern Utah.
I went with Amy and Katie. Even though it was a 10 hour drive, it seemed to go pretty fast. The only part that seemed to take forever was the drive between Page and Flagstaff. Once we got there, we played a little in the back yard and then went to a good Mexican place. Afterwards, we came back to the house for more fun and games in the backyard. It wasn't even that hot. They had this really cool sidewalk chalk that was 3D.
On Saturday, we went to the park in the morning and then went and did some shopping in Scottsdale. The mall was HUGE! There were a lot of high end stores: Tiffany's, Gucci, Louis Vuitton, Juicy Couture, and not to mention they will be getting a Barney's later this year. It is a shoppers paradise. It's like 5th Avenue only condensed into one place. I found some really cute polka dot mugs at Crate & Barrell (which the nearest store is in Denver or Phoenix....they really need to bring one to Utah) to match our dishes.
Later that night, we took Tess (4) and Chloe (2) over to the babysitters and went out. We tried Pei Wei. The food there was okay, nothing to write home about. And of course, we had to go to Bahama Bucks and get the best snow cones in the world! I got a blueberry cheesecake with cream.
Sunday rolled around and after church, Amy, Katie, and I went to the Mesa temple. It was really cool. And of course we had to make a stop at In-N-Out. Which....they are building one in Draper and American Fork. I also heard that they are/might build one in Orem. This was the best In-N-Out burger and fries I have ever had. It tasted so good. Now I finally (after 4 times) understand why everyone raves about it. I think it is MUCH better than the Chadder's knock-off in American Fork. You just can't copy the goodness no matter how much you try. The only thing I have had that came close was 5 Guys. If you can't go to In-N-Out, 5 Guys is a good alternative.
The drive home was good. Here are a few random pictures I took. Yes, this is a skeleton on a tractor. We saw this just outside of Panguitch. Here are some pictures of Southern Utah.



Looks like you had a fun vacation! I am excited to get out of the heat though. How do you make those photo collages?
ReplyDeleteWhat a fun trip! Love the skeleton.
ReplyDeletePhoenix is eventually where Dan and I want to settle down too. It's a fantastic place and it doesn't get to cold but the summers you melt just like here in El Paso. It's all good cause of all the wonderful shopping you can do there. I LOVE IT.
ReplyDeleteI could definitely live in Arizona...and I have a testimony of In-N-Out.
ReplyDelete