June 04, 2009
The Summer of George
My summer began at noon on May 29. I have taken the last week to decompress and enjoy life. Like George, I get "3 months, full pay for doing nothing." And just like George, I am going to do something with these 3 months...well 2 1/2 months.
This weekend I am going with Amy and Katie down to Phoenix to visit Aaron, Natalie, Tess, and Chloe. I am so excited! Ever since I went down in March for Spring Training, I have loved it down there. Yes...it is going to be 100 degrees or more everyday, but it's going to be AWESOME!! Then when I get back I am going to start my summer job. I got a job being a ghost writer. I will be writing a bunch of articles tieing in a nutritional supplement with various topics. The articles only need to be 500 words.
Then Mark and I are going to find an apartment to move into. Can I tell you how much I hate looking for apartments. I have searching everyday on KSL and Craigslist to find something in our price range, but they are all trash. The neighborhoods are awful and run down. It is like a slum lord is running the place. Who in the 1980s thought it was a good idea to build a bunch of 4-plex apartments and then not keep them nice? If we want something remotely liveable we have to go up at least $100 more for rent.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Happy Frolfing!
ReplyDelete