September 14, 2008

BYU vs. UCLA

Before the game started, Mark and I went to the "tailgate" party.  It wasn't a traditional tailgate.  One of Mark's friend's sister's apartment is right across the street from the stadium, so we all gather there and do our "tailgate."  We had some really good pulled pork sandwiches with coleslaw on it. WOW! my taste buds were singing with every bite.  There was a salad I made, chips, banana cream pie, chocolate cream pie, and other really good food.

The BYU game was awesome!  Our seats were perfect.  We sit in the South end zone off to the side of the uprights.  Most of the amazing action took place down on our side of the field.  Seeing them block a field goal was awesome.  It got really loud.  Everyone was yelling and cheering, stomping and jumping.  Can you imagine all of the touchdown tortillas flying in the air?  It was a constant rain of corn tortillas at the game.  The orange shirt guy was going crazy because people were throwing things and couldn't catch the culprit!  It was great.  We ran out of tortillas half way through the 2nd quarter. 

I was really worried about BYU going undefeated this year, mainly because of this game.  But after seeing this, I really hope they continue to play like this for the remainder of the season.  Mark says the team to be a little worried about is TCU and Utah.  I disagree.  After seeing Utah and TCU play, I think BYU only has to worry about the Utah game in November. 

And  naturally when you want to take awesome pictures, you forget to bring the camera!  But here are some great pictures of the game taken by professional photographers.  I found these at desnews.com.

 UCLA player after yet another BYU Touchdown
Andrew George hurdling a UCLA player.  Look at the heighth!!
 
We are just warming up!

 
Run! Run! Run!...Block! Block! Block!

No comments:

Post a Comment