July 10, 2008

Browsing Photos

So lately I have been browsing around at homes for sale in Orem and other areas. I drive past a billboard for utahhomes.com everyday and thought I would take a look. Can I tell you how awful some of the pictures are of these homes? For example: I see a picture of the living room with hardwood floors. The next picture is of the floor. Why would I want to see a picture of the floor? Or (and I am serious about this) there was a picture of some type of decoration at the end of the hall. What in the world are you trying to highlight? That cool candle/plant holders look good at the end of the hall? I don't get it. You would think that a real estate agent would be taking pictures to highlight the nice and good features of the home, but no. They are taking weird pictures. Is it to get a potential buyer to come see the home? Like I said, I don't get it.

Then the people who are selling their home have such a gross, dirty, and cluttered house in these pictures it's no wonder there house isn't selling. Come on people: clean up your house and make it desireable. Don't you watch Sell This House? If the house is cluttered with all your crap, potential buyers will have a hard time visualizing their stuff in the home. You need to clean up your home and declutter it. I don't care if you have a million cute photos that you are proud of. You are moving and need to start the process of packing your stuff up.

1 comment:

  1. I totally know what you mean! My favorite was a listing that had 'sofa included' as a tag line, and then 3 of the 4 pictures of the house were different angles of this disgusting, old, orange DI worthy couch that had piled of laundry on it!

    ReplyDelete